• Young and healthy men and women often face reproductive health risks that
they need to address by sexuality education and by the adoption of safe
• The use of effective contraceptives, especially the highly effective long-acting
reversible contraceptive (LARC) methods, IUDs, and implants, can reliably
prevent the detrimental social and health consequences of unintended
• The use of condoms and other safe sexual practices can effectively prevent the
acquisition of potentially fatal sexually transmitted infections.
• The safest pattern of childbearing for both a mother and her child is to avoid
births at teen ages, older than age 35, more closely spaced than two years
apart, and of higher birth orders, i.e., after the second or third birth. Always
get prenatal care, and hospital delivery is the safest for mother and child.
• Abortion carried out by well-trained health care providers is very safe and
many times safer than childbirth, especially when carried out early in
• Overactive bladder often improves after making healthy behavioral and
This blog presents opinions and ideas and is intended to provide helpful general information. I am not engaged in rendering advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures and suggestions in that are presented are not in any way a substitute for the advice and care of the reader’s own physician or other medical professional based on the reader’s own individual conditions, symptoms or concerns. If the reader needs personal medical, health, dietary, exercise or other assistance or advice the reader should consult a physician and/or other qualified health professionals. The author specifically disclaims all responsibility for any injury, damage or loss that the reader may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of following any directions or suggestions given in this blog or participating in any programs described in this blog or in the book, The Building Blocks of Health––How to Optimize Your Health with a Lifestyle Checklist (available in print or downloaded at Amazon, Apple, Barnes and Noble and elsewhere). Copyright 2021 by J. Joseph Speidel.