Support bone health by:
• Engaging in regular high-impact, weight-bearing, and strength-training
• Getting enough vitamin D, preferably from food and sunshine.
• Getting enough calcium, preferably from plant-based foods.
• Avoiding smoking.
• Avoiding alcohol or at least limit it to one drink per day .
• Avoiding intake of preformed vitamin A (retinol) of 2000 IU or higher.
• Reducing the risk of falls by balance and strength-training.
• Maintaining a healthy weight.
• Getting a bone mineral density test when recommended.
• Not fearing and taking the treatment for osteopenia and osteoporosis when
This blog presents opinions and ideas and is intended to provide helpful general information. I am not engaged in rendering advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures and suggestions in that are presented are not in any way a substitute for the advice and care of the reader’s own physician or other medical professional based on the reader’s own individual conditions, symptoms or concerns. If the reader needs personal medical, health, dietary, exercise or other assistance or advice the reader should consult a physician and/or other qualified health professionals. The author specifically disclaims all responsibility for any injury, damage or loss that the reader may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of following any directions or suggestions given in this blog or participating in any programs described in this blog or in the book, The Building Blocks of Health––How to Optimize Your Health with a Lifestyle Checklist (available in print or downloaded at Amazon, Apple, Barnes and Noble and elsewhere). Copyright 2021 by J. Joseph Speidel.